Tuesday, March 20, 2007

"GUJJU-tisation" of a PHOREN dish!!!

It seems wierd. I mean how many times have you actually eaten a Mexican dish, or an Italian dish or any other Intercontinental dish for that matter; without actually it having the original taste.

If any of those countrymen to whom the this originally belonged ever come down and tasted the dishes made here, they would surely commit suicide or to the least give up cooking themselves!

The pioneers of this trend in cooking have to be the "GUJARATI's". Any goddamn dish of the world and they have an Indianised version of it! Or rather to be more specific, a GUJJU-cised version of it. All complete with masaledar and chatpata khazana by the spoonfuls!

And this I am not writing all of a sudden out of the blue. I myself experience the beauty of the GUJJU-cisation in all its glory, myself being a gujju! Today itself I had the all-famous mexican dish - TACOS - at my place for dinner. And guess what, it was all in GUJJU glory. The supposed Kidney Beans in it were all made wid onion et al, as if it was the normal chana that we consume at the thelawallah. I pitied the fate of the TACOS!

All that i wished at that moment was - when will i ever eat a decent plate of 'original' Tacos? I had hoped to have atleast something that i can relate to its originality. All I can say is that not even the supposed 'puri' was not original. It was a mixture of the 'sukha puri' , and the likes.

I am just waiting for the day when I can actually have a taste of the original at my place. Until then i presume i have to survive with the "GUJJU-tisation" of a PHOREN dish!!!

1 comment:

gayatri said...

hey dude nice one.... Well knowing me, I wouldn't mind the Gujju Tacos at all!!!!! May be I will add a lil Marathi chatka to it!!!